To promote training in the field of Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility, the EFI Executive Committee has allocated a fixed number of bursaries for EFI members wishing to visit another laboratory to learn new techniques and to develop research collaborations.
The conditions regarding the bursary application are:
- The duration of the stay should be between 1 and 4 weeks approximately.
- The bursary of up to a maximum amount of €1500 will cover travel and lodging.
- In addition to the bursary, an optional bench fee of maximally €500, for which the host laboratory can apply, can be granted.
- There are four deadlines in each year for receipt of applications: February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st.
- Applications must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the planned education and training visit.